Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The Secret to Dry Shampoo

Just a short post today because this changed my life. I don't know about you but, personally, I will do anything and everything to get an extra day out of my hair before having to wash it. I can usually get about three wearable days and one messy-bun day before needing a shampoo. So when dry shampoo came on the scene, I was beside myself.

I tried so many different dry shampoo products and none of them really did anything for me. They left my hair still dirty but with white powdery residue. I could not figure out what I was doing wrong. Then a stylist friend of mine told me what I was doing wrong. Dry shampoo is not meant to actually do anything for dirty hair, but rather to keep clean hair cleaner longer. That's right. Dry shampoo is for CLEAN hair! (Insert shock and awe here)

So I went home and immediately washed and dried my hair. I sprayed my dry shampoo on as I normally would then did my makeup before brushing it through. And is felt the same as it would after any other fresh wash. But I repeated this process of styling and spraying for five days. FIVE. And each day my hair still felt super wearable! I was blown away by the results of such a simple and easy change.

So here's the 411 on dry shampoo:

  1. This is NOT a product you should skimp on. Professional hair care products are always better but especially in this arena. 
  2. You should follow the application instructions for your specific product. They are all slightly different. 
  3. Dry shampoo is supposed to extend the life of a wash, not replace a wash. 
  4. Dry shampoo is (I'm pretty sure) sent from heaven. 
  5. It is one of the best products I've found to help get volume. Just use it before you back-comb for that extra umph. 
If you already knew this, than I guess I'm just late to the party. But if you didn't, then I hope this helps you! I wish someone had told me sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment