Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Cute DIY Whiteboards


What You'll Need:
  • Picture frame. I had this one in my closet but thrift store frames are always available at a minimal cost.
  • Paper. I decided to use my favorite wrapping paper but any paper will work; cards, construction paper, printer paper, scrapbook paper, etc. 
  • Writing utensils.  You'll need a pencil (with an eraser), and marker. 
  • Cutting tool.  I prefer an x-acto knife for projects like this but scissors will work well also. 
  • Stencils. Letter stencils are useful if, like me, you are not confident with your handwriting. You can also use letter stickers to make the project go a little quicker. 
How To Do It:
Step 1: Choose It- Choose a frame perfect for your needs. I needed three small white boards and
lucked out that I had this frame sitting in my closet. This project is totally scalable. Get creative with your paper too. 

Step 2: Cut It- Take the front glass out of the frame and put it on your paper. Place that on top of cardboard or foam so you don't damage your work surface. Hold the glass down and use your X-acto Knife to trace the exact dimension you need. 





Step 3: Measure It- Put the paper back in the opening with the glass behind it. Trace lightly, in pencil, the exact space of the opening so you know what space you have to work with. 

Step 4: Trace It- Trace a straight line in pencil in your usable space for your title (if you are doing a title.) Then trace your stencils lightly, also in pencil, to make sure your design works. This may take a few tries. 

Step 5: Mark It- Use a fine point marker, my favorite is a Sharpie Fine Point Pen, to fill in the letters. Again, you can use stickers for this to save time but it will cost a little more. 

Step 6: Erase It- Once you have your letters filled in, erase all the pencil lines you can see. This will contribute to a polished finished product. 


















Step 7: Display It-  I hope you put your cute, custom white board to good use :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment